• Take advantage of the PEI Connect mentoring pro-
gram. Learning goes both ways.
• Use local small business development centers for free
• Listen to audio books.
• Hire a paid coach. (Clarity— www.clarity.fm)
• Be bold. “Don’t be afraid to raise your prices,” he said.
• “Give four weeks of vacation.” Offer employee bene;ts
that give you “stickiness.”
• Market employee bene;ts to the spouses of your
• Join Rotary, Lions Club, Kiwanis.
• Invest in your employees’ dreams. Have them ;ll out
“dream sheets” or bucket lists, then put them all in a book
and pick one each month to help some employee achieve
a dream. An example might be giving an employee tickets
to his or her ;rst NFL game.
• Past performance is the best indicator of future perfor-
mance. Remember that during interviews: “‘What was
the ;rst job that you got paid for?’ You want the answer to
be ‘When I was 12 or 15 … .’”
• Become involved with Toastmasters to be a better pub-
lic speaker. ( www.toastmasters.org)
• Start investing in real estate as soon as you can.
“Renting is not good.”