1 spill-prevention device
2 under-dispenser containment
1 turbine sump per tank.
• 611,449 UST systems are active in the
United States and its territories.
• The average UST facility has 2. 74 UST
• The number of UST systems in the
universe will remain constant.
• All owners and operators will come
into full compliance, and all issues and
repairs will be properly and immediately addressed.
• The rate at which problems will occur will not decline as a result of the
• Because EPA did not have reliable data
on the state-by-state distribution of
technology, the averages are for all
• One-time compliance costs are
amortized over the 20-year regulatory
• The estimates are adjusted to reflect
that some compliance requirements
are phased in over several years.
By Rick Long, PEI General Manager
and Associate General Counsel